Tuesday 27 September 2011

Andy Rooney.

Andrew Aitken "Andy" Rooney is an American radio and television writer. He is most notable for his weekly broadcast "A Few Minutes with Andy Rooney," a part of the CBS News program 60 Minutes from 1978 to 2011After Rooney's reinstatement, he made his remorse public:
There was never a writer who didn't hope that in some small way he was doing good with the words he put down on paper and, while I know it's presumptuous, I've always had in my mind that I was doing some little bit of good.
Now, I was to be known for having done, not good, but bad. I'd be known for the rest of my life as a racist bigot and as someone who had made life a little more difficult for homosexuals. I felt terrible about that and I've learned a lot. What do I do to justify the action David Burke, the president of CBS News, has taken in putting me back on air? It's overwhelming.... Let's face it, even on the nights when I'm good, I'm not that good.
 2001 – Emperor Has No Clothes Award from the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment