Saturday 15 October 2011

Dustin Lance Black Blasts Mag For Taylor Lautner Gay Pass Question: “Grow Up”



Dustin Lance Black, the writer and director, has responded to a GQ Australia interview in which Taylor Lautner was asked whether Black or Gus Van Sant (both of whom are gay) had made a pass at him when the trio had dinner together at a restaurant last summer.


“No, definitely not,” replied Lautner. “I think they know I’m straight. But they’re great guys. They’re a lot of fun.”


In the first post on his new blog, Black takes GQ to task for the question.
Really Mr. GQ writer? I’m curious, will you be asking all of the handsome actors I’ve ever had the privilege of working with or meeting if I made passes at them as well?” he writes.
He continues, “I’d love to be there when you ask Sean Penn [Black's Milk lead] that same question. Or, Mr. GQ writer, were you projecting your own unprofessional desires onto me and Gus?
Above and beyond this clear attack on my character, I’m shocked that GQ would allow their writer to lean on the scurrilous, outdated stereotype that gay men are by nature sexual predators,” he continues. “I mean, would you have asked this same question if it were Diablo Cody and Kathryn Bigelow at dinner with Mr. Lautner?”
Black concludes, “Leaning on lies, myths and stereotypes about gay people is hateful, harmful and outdated. It’s not the 1950s anymore GQ, it’s 2011 and it’s time to grow up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment